E L Y U N Q U E R A I N F O R E S T F U L L D A Y H I K I N G
S P E C T A C U L A R !
Yunque Rainforest Full Day Hiking Tour
On this tour, guests will visit a unique forest and explore its diverse ecosystems.
Hiking one of the highest peaks and swimming under the flow of a tropical waterfall.
This is the perfect tour for couples, families and children.
Experience unique flora and fauna that can not be seen anywhere else in the world.
Discover the jungle in a safe and a enjoyable way!
Do you want to experience the best of El Yunque Rain Forest in just one day?Â If so, then this is the perfect tour for you.
You can hike up to the clouds, from the high lookout tower of Mt. Britton where you will have an amazing birds-eye- view of Puerto Rico'sÂ Eastern region, including the Islands of Vieques and Culebra.
Explore unique flora and fauna; like the smallest orchids on earth, endemic birds, singing tree frogs, enchanting butterflies, walking stick insects, and lizards not seen anywhere else in the world.
You will hike down the La Mina Trail, discovering one of El Yunque's magical waterfalls, a local "Fountain of Youth"...
This is an ideal tour for couples and families that have never experienced the jungle, in an amazing tropical rain forest...
LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Espagnol, English, Music and Love
* R/T in air conditioned modern vehicle (designated pick up locations)
* R/T personalized services of a knowledgeable Naturalist Interpreter
* Entrance fees to the National Park
* Snacks including fresh fruit
* Lunch is not included but may be purchase at a local cafe
El Yunque Rain Forest includes 7 towns, with the largest Rio Grande, located 18 miles (30 km) east of San Juan.
The minimum tour size is 4 people. This tour is also available as a Private Tour, where additional sites may be visited.
The tour lasts 9 hours total. Departs from the San Juan area at 8:00 am, returning at 5:00 pm. One hour driving time in each direction
Easiest 1 2 <3> 4 5 Hardest
* Hiking uphill and downhill on uneven paved surfaces
* Guests must sign a Liability Waiver
* Minimum age is 5 years old
* Group Rate: Every 10 - 1 is Free
* This tour is not suggested for people with any recent surgery and/or any uncontrolled heart condition, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or any other.
* Not suitable for pregnant women sixth months & further along in their pregnancy term.
* Not recommended for people in wheerchairs.
* When you Book a tour with us, you are supporting those environmental, social and health organizations, we reinvest in.
* Please reserve your tours as early as possible. All excursions have limited capacity and reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Thank you!
* El Yunque National Forest, is an International Biosphere Reserve thatÂ consists of approximately 28, 000 acres. It differs significantly from other Forests, because of its year-round tropical climate and immense biodiversity (uniqueness). It rises to 3,533 ft. above sea level. Their steep slopes can sometimes receive rainfall of over 200 inches (508 centimeters) at higher elevations! Caressed by gentle easterly winds the forest has an average temperature of 73Â° F (21Â° C), and seasonal changes are almost imperceptible. It is the ideal climate for exuberant tropical vegetation. The rain forest is home to thousands of native plants including 150 fern species, 240 tree species (88 of these are endemic or rare and 23 are exclusively found in this forest). The El Yunque National Forest has no large wildlife species, but hundreds of smaller animals abound in this gentle forest, many of which exist nowhere else on the planet!!
* The Mount Britton trail is 0.8 miles (1.3 km) in length, rising from 2,493 feet;(760 meters) to 3,087 feet (941 meters). Hiking time is 1 hour each way, including interpretation stops. This trail is mostly cement and asphalt paved with some graveled sections. The level of difficulty ranges from easy at the beginning, to challenging near the peak.
* The La Mina trail is 0.7 miles (1.2 km) long, descending from 2,132 feet (650 meters) to 1,640 feet (500 meters). Hiking time is approximately 50 minutes down. This trail is rated as challenging in difficulty. It has several sets of winding concrete stairs that make the hike somewhat arduous. The trail ends at Cascada La Mina (La Mina Falls), an exquisite waterfall that drops over 35 feet through a jumble of huge rocks into a lovely pool where hikers can choose to swim in the cool refreshing water or merely rest and enjoy the view.
* The Big Trees Trail is 0.8 miles (1.4 km) in length. Hiking time is 1 hour including interpretation stops.
We suggest you bring:
* Lightweight Pants, light shirt and rain gear
* Closed-toe shoes like running shoes or light hiking boots
* Swimsuit and beach towel
* Water shoes
* Sunscreen, bug repellent, sunglasses, and hat
* Camera and binoculars
Reservations can be made online at our Secure Website. Personal information is protected. We accept:
Once you have completed your reservation, you will receive an email with a Voucher for the services you have reserved. You must print and present this Voucher in order to redeem the services.
Please contact us at (787) 272-0005, or by Email no later than 7 days before your arrival in Puerto Rico to confirm tour details.
Welcome to Discovering Puerto Rico with different eyes... Tha